A beginner’s guide to Search Engine Optimisation
This blog post is a beginner’s guide to Search Engine Optimisation. it will briefly explains what Search engine optimisation(SEO) is and how it could be utilised to improve site ranking in the search engines.
The term “SEO” stands for Search Engine Optimisation and it is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or other contents in a search engine’s unpaid results.
How to leverage SEO
Businesses can leverage SEO to help drive relevant organic traffic to their website which could increases sales and ultimately increase revenue.
As you know there are many search engines available, among those Google is a prominent one and is responsible for the majority of the search engine result worldwide.
Regardless of what search engine you use, search results are keep changing, especially Google keeps changing their search algorithms apart from that, the SEO practices are similar across all search engines.
Search engines normally look for the following when determining search result:
- It looks at high quality and relevant information about the searcher’s query.
- It decides relevance by crawling (reading website contents) and determine if the content is relevant to the searcher’s query based on the keyword
- They determine quality in several ways, notable among those is the number of quality of other websites linked to your website.
- The site loading speed and responsiveness
- the uniqueness of the contents of your website
- How the searchers interact with your website(whether they found the information they looking for and stay or they go back to the search page
In conclusion, SEO is a practice which drives organic traffic through search engine to your website if your website provides high-quality contents. if your site is cross-platform and responsive the bounce-back rate is also reduced.
Improving your website ranking requires Search Engine Optimisation knowledge and expertise, luckily you don’t have to be an expert, we are more than happy to assist you to improve your website ranking.